The international lawyer’s guide Chambers & Partners has once again ranked Maverick Advocaten high on its list of the best Dutch lawfirms in the field of competition law and healthcare. The firm is appreciated for its expertise and effective approach:
- “Maverick Advocaten is a flourishing competition boutique offering wide-ranging expertise in merger control, cartel investigations, distribution matters and abuse of dominance cases. The law firm is recognised for its extensive experience representing clients in the healthcare sector, as well as focusing on other regulated markets, such as energy and telecommunications. The firm has recently accrued recognition for its challenges to ACM rulings and fines on behalf of clients.”
- “Maverick Advocaten has a strong focus on competition law within the healthcare market. The department often acts on contentious mandates for both healthcare providers and medical devices manufacturers, with a particular focus on pricing disputes and procurement litigation.”
Chambers praises the team:
- "Complex or simple, Maverick handles it swiftly and diligently."
- "The team shows continuous awareness of the client's commercial objective during the engagement."
- "Maverick are experts in complex issues."
- "Maverick is very successful in realising breakthroughs in which the interests of the client are never lost sight of."
- "The lawyers render reliable advice in a hands-on manner."
- "The team provides quick responses on every level."
About the partners Chambers notes:
Diederik Schrijvershof has a strong reputation for handling litigation within the healthcare sector, often representing mental healthcare providers. He also advises healthcare providers on competition law matters.
Clients reports that:
"Diederik is a strategist with exceptional know-how. He is highly committed and able to approach complex legal issues from multiple angles, both inside and outside court."
"Diederik has provided a consistently strong performance in a complex case. He is very responsive and highly skilled strategically."
"Diederik has good commercial awareness and is spot on for legal advice.”
Martijn van de Hel is active in behavioural investigations before the ACM, as well as challenges to ACM decisions. He also advises on state aid issues before the European Commission, as well as merger clearance mandates.
A client reports that "He is very dedicated and knowledgeable."
Another client reports that "I recommend him strongly to anyone who wants to be well represented."
Earlier this year we already received a high ranking in GCR 100.
We regard these rankings again as an important sign of confidence of clients and peers in our services.
Follow Maverick Advocaten on LinkedIn