These general terms and conditions apply to all instructions given to Maverick Advocaten N.V. (‘Maverick’).
- Maverick regards all instructions as having been given to it exclusively, even if it is agreed that an instruction will be performed by a specific person affiliated with Maverick. The scope of Sections 404 and 407(2), Book 7 of the Dutch Civil Code is excluded. The term ‘affiliated person’ includes Maverick’s employees, advisors, partners and shareholders.
- Any liability of Maverick is limited to the amount that is paid out under its professional indemnity policy, plus the applicable excess.
- Any liability of Maverick for injury, loss or damage to persons or property is limited to the amount that is paid out under its liability insurance, plus the applicable excess.
- Any claim for compensation will prescribe one year after the start of the day following that on which the client became aware of the injury, loss or damage and of Maverick being the liable party.
- If Maverick hires an unaffiliated person for the performance of the instruction, it will not be liable for an error that is made by this person. By giving an instruction to Maverick, the client grants Maverick the authority to accept limitation of liability by an unaffiliated person on the client’s behalf.
- Maverick, any person currently or previously affiliated with Maverick or a legal successor by universal title may rely on these general terms and conditions.
- Dutch law applies to the legal relationship between Maverick and its client. The courts in Amsterdam have exclusive jurisdiction to hear a dispute between Maverick and a client.
There is a Dutch version and an English version of these general terms and conditions. In case of any inconsistency between these two versions, the Dutch version will prevail.
Maverick Advocaten N.V. has its registered office in Amsterdam and is entered in the Commercial Register under no. 58426744