Maverick is the independent and leading competition law firm in the Netherlands. You can come to us with all your questions regarding the powers of the Authority for Consumers and Markets ("ACM"), the Dutch Healthcare Authority ("NZa") and the European Commission.
- One independent firm for all your questions on competition law, regulated sectors, state aid, public procurement and consumer law.
- On aggregate, over half a century of experience at the top of the Dutch legal profession. Our lawyers have excellent track records and are recognised specialists in their field.
- Experience as regulators and as in-house counsel. Our lawyers know that a case often has commercial, strategic and/or political implications and take all aspects on board when formulating advice.
- A professional organisation with a relatively low cost structure in combination with reasonable profit targets. That way we can provide a high standard of service at competitive rates.
- A wide network of top law firms, renowned economic research bureaus and lobbying companies in the Netherlands and abroad, so that, as a boutique firm, we can offer you full service.
Maverick Advocaten is classified by the international and prestigious lawyers guides Legal500, Global Competition Review and Chambers & Partners as one of the best law firms in the Netherlands in the field of competition law. Maverick Advocaten is also highly recommended for cases in the field of telecoms and healthcare and life sciences.
- "Flourishing competition boutique offering wide-ranging expertise in merger control, cartel investigations, dawn raids and abuse of dominance. Recognised for its extensive experience representing clients in the healthcare sector, as well as focusing on other regulated markets, such as energy and telecommunications. The firm has recently accrued recognition for its challenges to ACM rulings and fines on behalf of clients." (Chambers 2023, Chambers 2022, Chambers 2021, Chambers 2020, Chambers 2019, Chambers 2018, Chambers 2017)
- "Maverick Advocaten has a strong focus on competition law within the healthcare market. The department often acts on contentious mandates for both healthcare providers and medical devices manufacturers, with a particular focus on pricing disputes and procurement litigation." (Chambers 2023, Chambers 2022)
- "The firm is specialised in antitrust law. Its strong focus makes it the most agile and hands on team for specific questions, be they regulatory or tactical. We mainly engage them in mergers and acquisitions and they never say: “Impossible”. Their strength, besides focus, is the quality of the team: extremely responsive and reliable. They have a transparent and fair billing system. The size of the firm, not too small and not too big, enables a quick question & answer session when required." (Legal500 2023)
- "Maverick combines legal expertise, a thorough understanding of business and markets, and valuable relationships with the relevant authorities to provide high-quality legal advice." (Legal500 2022)
- "Maverick has an excellent reputation in competition law." (Chambers 2022)
- "The team has a no-nonsense attitude, yet is also empathetic and a good counterpart. It has a pragmatic approach and is pleasant to work with." (Chambers 2021)
Clients say about us:
- "Maverick is very successful in realising breakthroughs in which the interests of the client are never lost sight of." (Chambers 2023)
- "The Maverick team is very well attuned to eachother and alwyas has the up-to-date information and the same passion for business. You also feel the fanaticism and commitment to bring the matter to a successful conclusion." (Legal500 2023)
- "Maverick are experts in complex issues" and "the lawyers render reliable advice in a hands-on manner." (Chambers 2023)
- "Great, accessible, and very knowledgeable team regarding state aid law." (Legal500 2023)
- "Complex or simple, Maverick handles it swiftly and diligently." (Chambers 2023)
- "Very focussed and experienced team of antitrust lawyers. Accessible and proactive. Value for money. Very much into the healthcare sector." (Legal500 2023)
- "The Maverick team is not only amongst the top firms in their field in The Netherlands, but it also provides consistently better value for money. They deliver when promised and give us advice that is actionable. I wish we could find similar teams in other jurisdictions." (Legal500 2022)
- "Maverick thinks along about what is possible and not what is impossible and for that they really distinguish themselves from other law firms." (Legal500 2022)
- "Small team with excellent expertise: can match the quality of the big firms, with the guaranteed engagement of the partner(s) on the file as you find with niche firms. Their marketing campaigns are always innovative and daring with a funny link to latest developments in competition law."(Legal500 2022)
- "Maverick Advocaten pushes hard for the client, we have a lot of respect for them." (Chambers 2022)
- "Super flexible and professional legal experts. They understand exactly what their client needs. I consider them to be a true strategic partner and a value driver for our business. Because of these reasons, we prefer dealing with Maverick over others when it comes to competition law." (Legal500 2021)
- "I consider the firm to be a true strategic partner and value-driver for our company." (Chambers 2020)