Maverick is the independent and leading competition law firm in the Netherlands. You can come to us with all your questions regarding the powers of the Authority for Consumers and Markets ("ACM"), the Dutch Healthcare Authority ("NZa") and the European Commission.
- One independent firm for all your questions on competition law, regulated sectors, procurement law and consumer law.
- On aggregate, over half a century of experience at the top of the Dutch legal profession. Our lawyers have excellent track records and are recognised specialists in their field.
- Experience as regulators and as in-house counsel. Our lawyers know that a case often has commercial, strategic and/or political implications and take all aspects on board when formulating advice.
- A professional organisation with a relatively low cost structure in combination with reasonable profit targets. That way we can provide a high standard of service at competitive rates.
- A wide network of top law firms, renowned economic research bureaus and lobbying companies in the Netherlands and abroad, so that, as a boutique firm, we can offer you full service.
Maverick Advocaten is classified by the international and prestigious lawyers guides Legal500, Global Competition Review and Chambers & Partners as one of the best law firms in the Netherlands in the field of competition law. Maverick Advocaten is also highly recommended for cases in the field of telecoms and healthcare and life sciences.
- "Flourishing competition boutique offering wide-ranging expertise in merger control, cartel investigations, dawn raids and abuse of dominance. Recognised for its extensive experience representing clients in the healthcare sector, as well as focusing on other regulated markets, such as energy and telecommunications" (Chambers 2022, Chambers 2021, Chambers 2020, Chambers 2019, Chambers 2018, Chambers 2017)
- "Maverick combines legal expertise, a thorough understanding of business and markets, and valuable relationships with the relevant authorities to provide high-quality legal advice." (Legal500 2022)
- "Maverick Advocaten has a strong focus on competition law within the healthcare market. The department often acts on contentious mandates for both healthcare providers and medical devices manufacturers, with a particular focus on pricing disputes and procurement litigation." (Chambers 2022)
- "Maverick has an excellent reputation in competition law." (Chambers 2022)
- "Unique proposition solely aiming at competition law. Very experienced partners. Result oriented, well established and well connected within the regulatory community."(Legal500 2021)
- "The team has a no-nonsense attitude, yet is also empathetic and a good counterpart. It has a pragmatic approach and is pleasant to work with." (Chambers 2021)
- "A boutique firm that can easily compete with the larger firms" (Legal500 2017)
- "The new kid on the block but has enough power and energy to become a household name" (Legal500 2016)
Clients say about us:
- "The Maverick team is not only amongst the top firms in their field in The Netherlands, but it also provides consistently better value for money. They deliver when promised and give us advice that is actionable. I wish we could find similar teams in other jurisdictions." (Legal500 2022)
- "Maverick thinks along about what is possible and not what is impossible and for that they really distinguish themselves from other law firms." (Legal500 2022)
- "Small team with excellent expertise: can match the quality of the big firms, with the guaranteed engagement of the partner(s) on the file as you find with niche firms. Their marketing campaigns are always innovative and daring with a funny link to latest developments in competition law."(Legal500 2022)
- "Maverick Advocaten pushes hard for the client, we have a lot of respect for them." (Chambers 2022)
- "Clients value the firm for its attentiveness, one telling of how their response was always quick and to the point. Another calls the department extremely knowledgeable and well organised." (Chambers 2021)
- "Super flexible and professional legal experts. They understand exactly what their client needs. I consider them to be a true strategic partner and a value driver for our business. Because of these reasons, we prefer dealing with Maverick over others when it comes to competition law." (Legal500 2021)
- "I consider the firm to be a true strategic partner and value-driver for our company." Clients also appreciate the team's attention to detail: "Maverick is precise, very sharp, involves you well in the case and does very good research into small things that can ultimately be of great importance." (Chambers 2020)
- "Clients appreciate the team's creative, clever and problem-solving approach. The group is well organised, specialised and focused, according to another impressed source." (Chambers 2019)
- "Maverick Advocaten N.V.'s team has a pro-active approach to matters and provides a high service level, quick response times and adequate advice and action." (Legal500 2019)
- "Strong and open communication lines, clear observations as to what can and can't be delivered, and within realistic timeframes. Their advice was not based on the assessment of a single individual, but clearly a team effort making it a solid blend of applied knowledge." (Chambers 2018)
- "They are available 24/7 and have a large and reliable network. In addition to their expertise, they are fun people to work with." (Chambers 2018)
- "Strong knowledge of competition rules combined with a creative approach" "It really gives us confidence in our position" (Chambers 2017)
- "Maverick is approachable and great at thinking along with us and providing hands-on advice. They gained a good understanding of our business quickly, and are customer-minded and proactive" (Chambers 2017)