Maverick is the independent and leading competition law firm in the Netherlands. You can come to us with all your questions regarding the powers of the Authority for Consumers and Markets ("ACM"), the Dutch Healthcare Authority ("NZa") and the European Commission.
- One independent firm for all your questions on competition law, regulated sectors, procurement law and consumer law.
- On aggregate, over half a century of experience at the top of the Dutch legal profession. Our lawyers have excellent track records and are recognised specialists in their field.
- Experience as regulators and as in-house counsel. Our lawyers know that a case often has commercial, strategic and/or political implications and take all aspects on board when formulating advice.
- A professional organisation with a relatively low cost structure in combination with reasonable profit targets. That way we can provide a high standard of service at competitive rates.
- A wide network of top law firms, renowned economic research bureaus and lobbying companies in the Netherlands and abroad, so that, as a boutique firm, we can offer you full service.
Maverick Advocaten is classified by the international and prestigious lawyers guides Legal500, Global Competition Review and Chambers & Partners as one of the best law firms in the Netherlands in the field of competition law. Maverick Advocaten is also highly recommended for cases in the field of telecoms and healthcare and life sciences:
- "Flourishing competition boutique offering wide-ranging expertise in merger control, cartel investigations, dawn raids and abuse of dominance. Focuses on regulated markets such as the energy, telecommunications and life sciences sectors. Particularly active advising on follow-on damage claims" (Chambers 2019, Chambers 2018, Chambers 2017)
- "A boutique firm that can easily compete with the larger firms" (Legal500 2017)
- "Profound knowledge of the healthcare and life sciences sector" (Legal500 2017)
- "The new kid on the block but has enough power and energy to become a household name" (Legal500 2016)
Clients say about us:
- "Clients appreciate the team's creative, clever and problem-solving approach. The group is well organised, specialised and focused, according to another impressed source." (Chambers 2019)
- "Maverick Advocaten N.V.'s team has a pro-active approach to matters and provides a high service level, quick response times and adequate advice and action." (Legal500 2019)
- "Strong and open communication lines, clear observations as to what can and can't be delivered, and within realistic timeframes. Their advice was not based on the assessment of a single individual, but clearly a team effort making it a solid blend of applied knowledge." (Chambers 2018)
- "They are available 24/7 and have a large and reliable network. In addition to their expertise, they are fun people to work with." (Chambers 2018)
- "Strong knowledge of competition rules combined with a creative approach" "It really gives us confidence in our position" (Chambers 2017)
- "Maverick is approachable and great at thinking along with us and providing hands-on advice. They gained a good understanding of our business quickly, and are customer-minded and proactive" (Chambers 2017)